Wednesday 27 November 2019

GARDEN HELPER

It's time for the Pick-A-Side challenge over at the Scrap our Stash blog.


I chose the right-hand side for my layout.



I must say that I really struggled with this one. Not so much with the sketch as with the papers I selected for my base. I rarely work on a plain coloured background. I've had that sheet of green paper in my stash forever and really wanted to use it, or lose it. It took me days to find what pattern papers would go with it, and with my photos. I changed my mind dozens of times before I settled for this colour combination.

I followed the sketch by having a strip of pattern paper close to the left-hand of the layout, used two photos to mimic the vertical one, and a horizontal photo with two tags behind it. 
We also had to include scallop edging embellishment(s) which I did with the little round card and the jute ribbon under the photo. 


There's lots of OLD stash on here. That watering can cut-out is so old, I don't even know what company made it. 
It's not my best work but I'm glad I finished it. 
The photos are of my Grand-daughter working away with her Grand-Papa picking carrots.

That's it for now.

Thank you for stopping by and for any comment you may care to leave.

Until next time, À la prochaine,

Jacynthe😊

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page. Love the details stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love your take on the challenge - and the way you picked up the pink in the photos with the great papers you used -great choices! That stitching is is awesome too! -Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog! ~ Sherri DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and great use of color. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete