Thursday 24 January 2019

Sally & Maggie

I'm always up for a "Use your old stash" challenge. I want to use what I have before I call it quits with scrapbooking. So, here's the challenge from my favorite, CSI.


The first things that caught my eye were the colours and, to me, the wintery scene. I knew right away what photos to scrap; my dogs wearing their red and black winter coats on a nice December day.


I've had this piece of grey with white polka dots in my stash for a while. It matches the one in the scene perfectly. Everything on this layout is at least a year old, and some I've had for years like the Tim Holtz film strip and vintage cards. I even used my Fastenator (remember those) to hold down the ribbon on the tag.
The one thing missing is flowers. I rarely create a page without flowers but, for some reason, I could not make flowers work on this one.

Close-ups;


These photos of Maggie (staffie mix) and Sally (mini dachshund) were taken by Ashley Vinet Photography as part of a fund raising effort for Hearts of the North.
*Hearts of the North is a dog rescue organization. I adopted both Maggie and Sally from them.

That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by.

À la prochaine, Until next time,

Jacynthe😊

2 comments:

  1. Love the red and grey colour combo, but it's really the little details like the fastenator and the big yellow splash, and the tiny peek of the film strip in that turned back corner that I love. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacynthe this is beautiful and so are your photos. I do miss seeing your layouts and it is always a treat for me to be able to sit and browse blogs I love. You have such a lovely style <3

    ReplyDelete