Tuesday 24 November 2020

La La Land

Here we are in June already. Where did May go?

I am really pleased to have been added to the talented group of ladies on the design team at http://csichallenge.blogspot.com  I've been thinking of giving it a go for a while now, and decided to try it out for the 6 months term. Thank you Debbi. ♥

If you haven't played yet, why not give the challenge a try. The rules are simple;

*Use all 5 colours. Neutrals such as black, white, and kraft (tan) are allowed.
*Choose at least 3 items for the Evidence list as your embellishments.
*Choose one (or more) of the prompts from the Testimony list to write your journaling.

It's that easy.

Debbi posts new challenges on the 1st, and on the 15th, of every month.
You'll be challenged and surprised at how beautiful your layouts will turn out.

Ready to play ?

Here's the challenge for the month of June.



I have to admit, when I saw the colours and the Superhero theme I thought, "Oh, oh...".  Royal blue has got to be one of my least favorite colours. I had none of it in my stash. A trip to Michael's fixed that. I did, however, know exactly what my layout would be about, and it had nothing to do with superheros.


Here's how I solved the case:



The colours Royal Blue, Turquoise, Bright Buttery Yellow, White, and Primary Red are all there.

From the Evidence list: Stripes, Twine, StarburstsStars and tiny Hearts.

I chose the Inspiration Words, Super, Awesome and Wow, as a kickstart to my journaling. Those words clearly represent the way I feel about La La Land.

I would say that the journaling is the most important part of my layout. If you haven't seen La La Land, and plan on seeing it, you might want to skip the journaling as it contains spoilers.








A few up close details:



 
 
 
And there you have it. I enjoyed working on my very first Design Team assignment, and hope you'll find something that inspires you to join us.
 
 
I'm leaving you with the movie trailer for this magical movie. Enjoy !
 
 
 
 
Jacynthe ☺
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome layout! Love that you included the tickets in that little pocket. Great penwork on the lorals, the stars were a perfect touch, and your journaling totally makes me want to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering where the heck May went too! I have to admit, I'm a little out of the mainstream loop (maybe my nose is too deep in my [scrap]books??) and I've never heard of La La Land! But I love Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and I'm putting it on my library list when it comes available!

    So happy to be with you on the CSI team! You always have such an uplifting, positive attitude and things to say and the world needs a gazillion more like you!!

    xx Carrie :)

    PS: And I love your layout! Love the little clusters with the flowers and the tickets--perfection!!

    ReplyDelete